Skip to content

Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force - 2011 (CLOSED)

The 2011 Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force 30 day public comment period closed November 22nd, 2011. VA released the final report outlining how the department will address the concerns of Veterans deployed during the Gulf War of 1990-1991 on March 27th, 2012. The report focuses on efforts to improve the delivery of health care for Gulf War Veterans, including the launch of a prototype clinical care model specifically for Gulf War Veterans.

The report is available a: http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/2011_GWVI-TF_Report.pdf

For additional information on Gulf War related health issues, please visit the VA Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses website at:
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/index.asp

57 results found

1. Contact local groups dav, vfw,american legion ,etc.

We need to unite speak as one group not 15 groups. Some groups undermine other groups but we have the same goal.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. As a service-connected Gulf War era veteran with the Southwest Asia medal Operation: Southern Watch

Supplements are expensive and most useful in improving quality of life long-term. Why do we have to pay for them? Why does it always have to be Big Pharma calling the shots on medicine when there are natural herbal products just as effective? And why does VA ignore dental emergencies? What about Professor Garth Nicolson getting ignored like Dr. Roger Billica? Thus these matters I submit for your review. Sincerely, Shaun K Orris.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. DOD/DOA Civilians who did tours of duty in Desert Storm/Shield feel forgotten and left out.

As a DOA civilian who did 2 tours of duty in Desert Storm/Shield (along with many other civilians), seems we were left out on many aspects of GWI program. From alerting us about studies, care, info on what to do, issues we have/are dealing with..and this study because we weren't Act. Duty or Reservists. I scanned the report but it is unclear impacts or guidance will be for all of the DOD/DOA civilians who were on orders. I thought these odd things happening to me, was only happening to me. Turns out...they were text book symptoms of the GWI. Had…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Care when submitting a new claim.

I have numerous illnesses that can be related to my time in the Gulf. But, like many Vets who already have a disability rating, it is a crap shoot to submit these new found disabilities. The VA will open your entire file and may lower existing ratings while considering the new claims. I am, and have been 100% 'IU' (Individual Unemployable' for nearly a decade now. Although my current conditions worsen and the prescence of new conditions persist, I dare not complain nor submit the new claims. I was also a former Service Officer for one of the Nationally known…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Gulf War veterans with appropriate credentials should make up the majority of any task force or1st preference in research initiatives.

Why should individuals without any experience with the illness directly or indirectly be allowed to make contributions to the Gulf War studies. It is in my opinion that a forum of GWI vets with appropriate credentials be given priority in research development and task force membership. Since I returned from the Gulf War, I have suffered from this mystery plague. My son was born with spina bifida, and no correlation have been considered for children of GW veterans. There were high miscarriage and still born deaths after we returned home. This was not a coincendence.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merging Ideas

The GWVI-TF would like to thank all of the users who have visited (over 2000 visits since starting) and registered (over 160 to date) in support of the TF's efforts to better support Gulf War Veterans.

In an effort to begin organizing all the input, we will be merging some of the ideas being generated with the most closely aligned report section idea.

Rest assured that all the original ideas and comments remain intact in the background. The software running this website merges the comments, votes, and followers to the idea that remains visible.

A comment will be posted under…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. 1-800- PEGGY

Great idea if you could really find out any information from the 800 number. Many of the Operators are uncorteous and rude. This is probably from being treated that way also by a few vets. Also and I m very serious if you have a real question concerning your claim the only outlet is Ebenefits, 800 number or drive a few hours and ask the customer contact team and be told they don't have the manpower to find out because they can't leave the desk empty. Just think of the money and savings that we would have if we canned…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why are you lying?

This is not an idea, but fact. How long do you think that the current veterans are going to wait while the VA and DoD pull their head out of their butt, and stop screwing veterans. You lie when you say just "Veterans on 91-92 war in Iraq and Kuwait." What bout us who have served more than one tour, are you telling us that we have to wait another 21 years. Crap that means I will be 52, and my kids adults. Whoever wrote this report, is not a veteran; but a civilian. I hope you enjoy wasting your…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separation Pay after the Gul War

Was anybody forced out after the Gulf War and collected separation Pay and got rated and now they are taking back that money?

I got forced out after the Gulf War I was in The Marine Corps and I was given $19,202 I filed a claim in March 2010 I was rated at 60% the VA has been withholding $974.00 for 19 months. And I'm still waiting to get paid for my dependant wife so I have not collected anything.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. I have an unknown neuromuscular disorder

I had plenty of problems during my Active DUTY in the US ARMY but wanted to stay in. I was medically discharged. I was being treated for Myasthenia Gravis this year but months later a differ Neurologist said it wasn't. I'm very concerned. I registered at the VA I was asked a few questions about TBI no scans, x-rays, mri nothing. I had a Asthma attack 2 months ago. When I first was in I had no breathing problems. Now my breathing is severe. It sucks. My MOS was 13B Field Artillery. I had a foot surgery in the ARMY…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was deployed to Kuwait in 2000 of April, I also went Bosnia, Macedonia Kosovo 2002

I am Mr. Rhaney S. veteran who recieved the Anthrax Vaccine Gen-2 from 1998 to 2000. There is a consistent corelation between the vets who suffer from advers reaction to the vaccine. I am now being treated for PTSD, I'm constantly having weakness mostly over my body. also severe respiratory disease. I'm seeing a Neurologist in Augusta,GA. My VA hospital in South Carolina don't what it is. My legs buckle, arms are weak blurred vision most times. I use nebulizer, inhalers, pain medecine help me.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War 2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War

2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War
    and returning Veterans in DoD / VA Hospitals

1). Dr. Nicolson Doxycycline Test ( 50 % Positive Showing of 1991 veterans ).
    Dr. Engel Walter Reed / Dr. Donta B/U / LTG. Ronald Blank study of Mycoplasma fermentans
    2). Exercise Behavior Therapy.
    3). Dr. Ya Fang Liu, - Neurodegenerative Disorders.
    4). DNA Testing - Chromosome Damage Test, Heavy Metal Testing, others.
    5). Dr. Meryl Nass - Vaccines testing. Remove Thermisol
    6). Dr. Hymans Urine Test.
    7). Dr. Haleys Brain Test - Confusion / Ataxia. Pon-1
    8). Dr. Haleys Hyperbaric Testing - Wound…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Noticed that the report doesn't open on the page that allows comments. Can you fix so we can comment? All I get is a server error.

Tried several times to get to the URL that allows you to comment. Problem is, once you click on the report hyperlink, a blank page opens up and then an error dialog box opens up. Can the script be checked so comments to the draft report can occur?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No mention of funding in the report - Anywhere

The report only mentions curatives for communication and statistical metrics within govt. How does that equate to compensating the suffering? With no real fiduciary committment, the report is just hollow promises. Please tell me this isn't so.. Can we not cancel one weapons dev project to do the right thing by our loyal troops?

???

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →

Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force - 2011 (CLOSED)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base