Skip to content

Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force - 2011 (CLOSED)

The 2011 Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force 30 day public comment period closed November 22nd, 2011. VA released the final report outlining how the department will address the concerns of Veterans deployed during the Gulf War of 1990-1991 on March 27th, 2012. The report focuses on efforts to improve the delivery of health care for Gulf War Veterans, including the launch of a prototype clinical care model specifically for Gulf War Veterans.

The report is available a: http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/2011_GWVI-TF_Report.pdf

For additional information on Gulf War related health issues, please visit the VA Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses website at:
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/index.asp

57 results found

1. 71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  30 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Why is there no research into the Anthrax Vaccine?

I am a vet who recieved the Anthrax Vaccine Gen-2 from 1998 to 2000. There is a consistent corelation between the vets who suffer from advers reaction to the vaccine and GWS. I developed Celiac Disease (an autoimmune disease that affects the gastroinestinal area as well as your brain and other organs) and have multiple mental and physical issues that are listed for GWS. My wife has fibromyalga that was brought on from the Vaccine. We can trace the ineptness of the Vaccine for GW Vets and our current generation. It bothers me that VA and DOD has divided us…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Seizure disorder should be presumptive

I believe that seizure disorder or epilepsy should be made presumptive for gulf war illness. ALOT of gulf war vets have this and the VA blows it off as epilepsy and throws it out. If you check gulf war illness blogs, there are alot of vets complaining of seizures and what is the first symptom of sarin gas poisoning "SEIZURES".

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We stand together in solidarity with all the lives lost due to death and disability

We are the forgotten generation of Gulf War Deployed Veterans, NonDeployed Gulf War Era Veterans, Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom Veterans, and family members that are suffering with illnesses defined by Gulf War Illness (GWI).

We collectively see areas for immediate change:
    • Transparency from all agencies involved in the Gulf War Illness
    • All GWI research findings be declassified and shared with the public
    • NonDeployed Gulf War Era Veterans need inclusion in presumption laws/research/treament
    • Registry/Network for Ill Gulf War Era Veterans pre 9/11 through current conflict or until the war is declared closed by Congress
    • Train…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. How about the(PB) pre-nerve agent pills?

Did these make anyone sick?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. VA

THE VA DOESN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THE GULF WAR VETERAN!
    I am a Gulf War Veteran just like the rest of you. We cannot get care for our illness because no one in the VA will document it. I've been struggling with symptoms for 20 years now and I haven't found one doctor in the VA who will listen. No one even tells you that your illness may be related to GWI!! I have chronic asthma (hospitalized 6 times in 7 years), I also have Avascular Necrosis which is deteriation of the bones in my body from receiving too many steroids…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP DENYING disability compensation! Include any/all autoimmune & neurological diseases/disorder as presumptive illness.

Assume Veteran's service in Theater of Operations (SWA) is cause of any/all autoimmune/neurological disease/disorders. Assume any display of symptoms during/after Gulf War service is connected/caused/is a result of sevice in SWA & compensate. Don't wait to admit/compensate Vets like those who are sick/dying due to Agent Orange.

232 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  31 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Memory loss and concentration, I never read anything about memory loss and concentration problems.

I have really bad memory loss and concentration problems. I went from having a great memory to forgetting almost everything. I have a really hard time concentrating on normal daily activities. And trying to learn something new is very difficult.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop screwing us!

I've been sick and hurting for 20+ years now. I've filed a few times and would just get mad and stop fighting (as the VA wants us to do). This time, I will not stop until I receive what I've earned. Why can't the VA have certain people assigned to certain Veterans? You say you want to streamline the process? That way the VA person is responcible for the Veterans folder of records, disability etc. Now you call in 50 times and get 50 different people giving you 50 different stories. I've been jacked around so much that I should…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Typical VA.

Typical of VA. Create a task force 20 years later, put Gulf War Illness in the title, then claim to be doing something about it. Here's a suggestion for your task force: try finding any VA doctor that uses the term, "Gulf War Illness". Here's another suggestion, FOLLOW THE LAW! rather than wasting so much effort at trying to get around the law and screwing a veteran. The GWV's Undiagnosed illness law was passed a very long time ago (1997 or 1998), after YEARS of veterans being told by doctors that they could not figure out what was wrong, and…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Separation Pay after the Gul War

Was anybody forced out after the Gulf War and collected separation Pay and got rated and now they are taking back that money?

I got forced out after the Gulf War I was in The Marine Corps and I was given $19,202 I filed a claim in March 2010 I was rated at 60% the VA has been withholding $974.00 for 19 months. And I'm still waiting to get paid for my dependant wife so I have not collected anything.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. I KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BODY WHY WON'T THE VA DOCTOR'S LISTEN????

I am a Gulf War Vet. that became sick in Iraq. During the Oil Fires, I started coughing up Black crap. I was told not to worry about it. My coughing got worse when I got back to the States. I told the Army Doctors that it was do to the Oil Fires but they didn't believe me. I ended up getting a Medical Discharge, because of it. Now I have a mass between my lungs. GO FIGURE.. Also.. I have been having problems with my hips for the last 8 to 10 years.. The VA Dr.s have told me…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make C-file available to Vets and Follow Ttitle 38 rule WHEN IN DOUBT SIDE WITH VET

Make C-file available to Vets and follow Title 38 rule WHEN IN DOUBT SIDE WITH VET. The garbage I read in my C-file opened my eyes and gave me a clear picture of why my claim stalled. Most of the notes were false or half missing (the parts that support my case). If I didn't know my case I would say I was reading somebody else's C-file.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. 2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War 2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War

2011 Specialty and Sub-Specialty Testing for Gulf War
    and returning Veterans in DoD / VA Hospitals

1). Dr. Nicolson Doxycycline Test ( 50 % Positive Showing of 1991 veterans ).
    Dr. Engel Walter Reed / Dr. Donta B/U / LTG. Ronald Blank study of Mycoplasma fermentans
    2). Exercise Behavior Therapy.
    3). Dr. Ya Fang Liu, - Neurodegenerative Disorders.
    4). DNA Testing - Chromosome Damage Test, Heavy Metal Testing, others.
    5). Dr. Meryl Nass - Vaccines testing. Remove Thermisol
    6). Dr. Hymans Urine Test.
    7). Dr. Haleys Brain Test - Confusion / Ataxia. Pon-1
    8). Dr. Haleys Hyperbaric Testing - Wound…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. The VA Talks the Talk, but doesn't Walk the Walk and their TALK IS CHEAP!!!!!!

As far as this VA report and many others, Talk is cheap! The VA reports look great, but the sad reality is I and many of us have been suffering while the VA and Regional offices "status" has been to lie, lie, deny, deny, cutt up records, deny, deny, stall, stall, stall, stall and then reject claims. In the 90's we were treated like 2nd class citizens they canceled appointments and wouldn't help me (at least in my case and my personal feelings). I've brought GWVI up many times to the VA in the past and it's like saying the…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wow. 20 Years later and we are FINALLY coming together on these issues? Sh*t We Gulf War Vets pioneered PTSD.

At that time (1991) we were the 3% DEFENDING the other 97%!
    After I saw several Roads of Death and how they treated Kuwaiti civilians and whole families when they invaded I was glad to do my part by continuing to kick their asses (Iraq). Now my cost to the tax payers was to become a non homeless Veteran with a job and that's a problem?
    WTF, over?
    I have ALL of the above i.e. Memory and concentration issues, rashes/acne, IBS, coughing every morning even though I do not smoke, arthritis in my neck and hips, trouble sleeping each night,…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This report has a list of injuries and illness for GWV but they don't tell you how to put in a claim to for these issues.

I have tried numerous times to file a claim and been denied. Now maybe if they tell vets how to put in for GWI claim that might be better. All of the pain that I am having it is hard to keep going. But what can one do?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When will the Gulf War Discrimination End?

It has now been 21 years and VA now wants to hear our comments? I have noticed on many Vet pages the number of deferred Gulf War claims. This can't be due to improperly filled out paperwork, which only means group discrimenation. How can a system such as the Veterans Administration do this to it's own. This is not what Persident Lincold had formulated then for now. The only ones that control this at this time is the present VA Administration. Shame on you Mr. Gingrich and Sec. Shinseki, one saving is I didn't have to serve under ether of…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Body rash, anxiety, nervousness on close proximity of razzor sound, sleep insomnia and total distrust, always alert to my sorrounding.

I received 6 Anthrax shots in a period of 12 months. Deployed to the Middle East. 4 times. I took care of all of the Medical treatment for biological agents, such as nerve, mustard, ect. I am currently suffering of severe rash on an ongoing basis. Rashes shows like whipslash all over my body. Lumbs up about 2cm and 3 cm in width and in lenthg could ba as long as one foot. It burns, itches, turns red and suddenly I begin sweating profusely. This is days in and days out. I also get chronic pain all in my body,…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gulf War veterans with appropriate credentials should make up the majority of any task force or1st preference in research initiatives.

Why should individuals without any experience with the illness directly or indirectly be allowed to make contributions to the Gulf War studies. It is in my opinion that a forum of GWI vets with appropriate credentials be given priority in research development and task force membership. Since I returned from the Gulf War, I have suffered from this mystery plague. My son was born with spina bifida, and no correlation have been considered for children of GW veterans. There were high miscarriage and still born deaths after we returned home. This was not a coincendence.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3

Report of the Gulf War Veterans Illnesses Task Force - 2011 (CLOSED)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base